Dr Vikas Jain is regarded as one of the Top Urologist & Kidney Surgeon in Delhi NCR. He has completed his super specialization in Urology & Renal transplantation in 2009 from prestigious Muljibhai Patel Urological Hospital, Nadiad (Gujarat). He further received training in deceased donor renal transplant at Fundacio Puigvert, Barcelona (Spain). Since then, for the past 12 years, he has been practising in Delhi. Initially, for two years he worked at Fortis Hospital, Vasant Kunj and then went on to join the Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences, Delhi. Primarily, known for liver diseases, he was approached to start kidney transplantation, so he single-handedly, with the support of his nephrology colleague Dr Suman Lata, established the Department of Urology and Kidney Transplantation, which is still the only Delhi government hospital to have such a department. Both of them dedicated their expertise for 6 years to see the department on firm footing.
As they were looking for an opportunity to come into private sector, they joined the affordable Narayana Health. The group, led by visionary cardiac surgeon Dr Devi Shetty, took over Dharamshila Cancer Hospital, which now functions as a multi-super-speciality hospital. In addition, another Narayana Super-speciality Hospital was set up in Gurugram. Dr Vikas Jain was given the opportunity to drive the renal transplant programme at both the centres as Director and Senior Consultant and both these centres presently have successfully running programmes.
Recently as a kidney surgeon in Delhi, Dr Vikas Jain completed 1000 successful kidney transplants in his journey of 12 years. In addition, he has done innumerable urologic surgeries; initiated and mentored transplant programmes in almost 22 hospitals in 8 different states. Training and teaching have always been a passion and he has trained many colleagues in complex urological surgeries, laparoscopy, and kidney transplant.
Dr Vikas Jain is a reviewer to Indian J Urol. It is the official journal of Urological Society of India (USI). Recently, he has been chosen as founder-member of “Kidney transplant & tissue engineering” subsection of USI.
- First Indian to successfully complete coveted “Diploma in Renal Transplantation Science” from University of Liverpool, with distinction.
- First Indian to be awarded the scholarship by European Association of Urology (EUSP), to visit Fundacio Puigvert, Barcelona, Spain for “Short-Term-Visit”.
- Successfully retrieved both the kidneys from a 16-months old (Youngest) brain-dead donor and transplanted in an adult. This is the “first” and only case of its kind in India.
- Retrieved both kidneys from a Non-Heart Beating Donor (NHBD) and successfully transplanted in two patients. The first NHBD in Delhi/NCR.
- Successfully completed 4 back-to-back transplants in 36 hours (two living donor swap and two deceased donor).
Field of Expertise as a Urologist & Kidney Surgeon in Delhi NCR
- Kidney Transplant and related procedures including Laparoscopic donor nephrectomy, graft nephrectomy. CAPD catheter insertion for peritoneal dialysis: Open and laparoscopic
- Vascular access for haemodialysis: AV Fistula, basilic vein transposition, AV grafting.
- Uro-oncology (surgeries for cancers of kidney, adrenal gland, urinary bladder, prostate, testis and penis): Laparoscopic radical nephrectomy, partial nephrectomy (open & laparoscopic), laparoscopic adrenalectomy, radical cystectomy (open & laparoscopic) with ileal conduit/neobladder, prostatectomy (open & laparoscopic); inguinal, pelvic and retroperitoneal lymph node dissection
- Laser urological surgeries (for kidney stones, ureteric stones, bladder stones and prostate removal): RIRS/FURS, URS, HoLEP, Miniperc
- Endourology (for renal stones, prostate, and bladder tumour): PCNL, TURP, TURBT, and OIU
- Urethral reconstruction (for strictures of urethra): urethroplasty (anastomotic and substitution)
- Basic and advanced laparoscopic Urology: laparoscopic pyeloplasty (for PUJ obstruction), ureteric reimplants (for ureteric reflux or stricture), Boari flap (for long ureteric strictures).
- Paediatric urology (surgeries for paediatric urological diseases): VUR surgeries, hypospadias repairs, paediatric endourology.
Awards & Recognitions
- Certificate of Recognition by MPUH (Nadiad), as one of the Best alumni of this institute for contribution in the field of renal transplantation. The award was given at alumni meet during Semi-Live at Goa in March 2020.
- MIUC International travelling Fellowship for the year 2019 received at the Annual Conference of Urological Society of India (USI) at Kochi on 23rd January 2020.
- First Indian to successfully complete “Diploma in Renal Transplantation Science” from University of Liverpool, UK.
- DUSCON Achiever’s Award for the year 2018, by Delhi Urology Society. This award was given on 25th December 2018 at the 15th Annual DUSCON Meet held at India Habitat Center, New Delhi.
- Times Healthcare Achiever 2018 (Delhi/NCR) in the Rising Star category for Kidney Transplant. The award was given at Hotel Taj Palace (Delhi) on 25th November 2018.
- Scholarship from European Foundation of Urology (EFU) to participate in Semi-Live 2017, organized by the Department of Urology of the University Hospital of Heidelberg (Germany) between 16th and 18th February 2017.
- DUSCON Achiever’s Award for the year 2015, by Delhi Urology Society. This award was given on 20th November 2015 at the Annual DUSCON Meet held at PGIMER and Dr RML Hospital, New Delhi.
- First Indian to have been awarded the scholarship by European Association of Urology (EUSP), to visit Fundacio Puigvert, Barcelona, Spain for “Short-Term-Visit”.
- 2nd Prize Vijayawada Prize Poster category: Donor gonadal vein reconstruction for extension of the transected renal vessels in living renal transplantation at the USICON 2010.
- Prof CKP Menon Best Paper Award: Tadalafil monotherapy is as efficacious as Tamsulosin in patients with LUTS secondary to BPH: results of first head-on comparative, prospective, randomized study to evaluate the efficacy of Tadalafil and Tamsulosin, in patients with LUTS secondary to benign prostatic hyperplasia at the USICON 2010.
- Won the First Prize in MCQ examination conducted at the USI-AUA Instructional Course- Mock examination and Annual Review Course conducted jointly by USI and AUA at Mumbai on 28th and 30th September 2009.
- Recipient of USI-EAU Travelling Fellowship to attend European Urology Resident Education Program (EUREP)-2009 at Prague between 28th August and 2nd September 2009.
- 2nd Best Paper Award in its category for Video presentation titled “Laparoscopic pyeloplasty: How we do it! at the 18th West Zone USICON held at Sholapur, Maharashtra, between 13th and 16th November 2008.
- Surgical Society of Mysore, PG Best Paper Award for paper entitled- Postnatal management and outcome of antenatal hydronephrosis due to pelvi-ureteric junction obstruction, presented at 22nd Annual Conference of KSC-ASICON at Bangalore in Feb. 2004.
- Recipient of award endowed by the All India Conference of ACBI, Manipal, for securing the highest marks in Biochemistry in the Feb-March 1996.
- First in Biochemistry at the First MBBS university exam held in Feb-March 1996.
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- International Member: American Urological Association
- Corresponding Member: European Association of Urology
- Full Member: Urological Society of India
- Member: North Zone Chapter of USI/ Delhi Urological Society
- Member: Indian Society of Organ Transplantation
- Member: American Society of Transplant
- Member: Société Internationale d’Urologie
- Dharamshila Narayana Superspeciality Hospital
Dharamshila Marg, Vasundhara Enclave, Near New Ashok Nagar Metro Station, Delhi-110096
Timings: Mon, Tue, Wed and Fri [ 9:30 am to 4:30 pm ]
Narayana Superspeciality Hospital
Plot 3201, Block V, DLF Phase –III, Sector 24, Gurugram, Haryana-122002
Timings: Thurs and Sat [ 9:30 am to 4:30 pm ]
Why you should get a urologist
Urologists are doctors who specialise in diseases of the urinary tract, including kidney stones, infections, and other conditions affecting the bladder, ureters, and kidneys. They are also trained in the treatment of male infertility.
A best Urologist is required because they can diagnose and treat urinary tract problems early on, which means that you won’t need to go through years of suffering before finding out why you’re having problems.
When necessary, the best Urologist in Delhi NCR may also be able to perform surgery which can be done less invasively than traditional surgeries.
The main reasons why we need a specialist like the best urologist in Delhi NCR are:
- To treat the underlying cause of your symptoms
- To diagnose your condition accurately
- To provide you with an effective treatment plan that will help you get back on track with your daily life.
The best urologist in Delhi NCR at MKC can help you manage them by providing the right treatment at the right time.